Frogspawn Green Branching - Euphyllia divisa - Honey Coral Wall - Frogspawn Coral - Grape Coral - Octopus Coral
Frogspawn Green Branching - Euphyllia divisa Frogspawn Green Branching Coral is a decent choice for experienced aquarists. Beginners should not venture with Frogspawn Green Branching as it may be slightly difficult to handle for the starters. With its branched structure and interesting color combination of green stalk with purple tip, Frogspawn Green Branching graces your aquarium significantly. The article introduces you to the various parameters Frogspawn Green Branching vis-ö-vis its maintenance in a marine aquarium. Scientific names:
The scientific name of Frogspawn Green Branching is Euphyllia divisa. Other common names:
Frogspawn Green Branching is also commonly known as Wall Coral, Octopus Coral, Grape Coral and Honey Coral and Honey Coral Wall. Coral Type:
Frogspawn Green Branching is a Large Polyp Stony (LPS) Coral. Origin or natural range:
Euphyllia divisa originates from the Indo-Pacific region. Color:
Frogspawn Green Branching occurs in white, green, pink and brown colors. Compatibility:
Euphyllia divisa is very aggressive towards the other marine aquarium invertebrates. Habit & Habitat:
Frogspawn Green Branching extends its tentacles at night while, the polyps expand during the day. Morphology:
- Frogspawn Green Branching is a hardy coral.
- The skeleton of Euphyllia divisa is quite large, grooved and sharp and has a thin covering of a single, big polyp.
- The polyp has a mouth in the center surrounded by many large, sweeper tentacles.
- The tentacles of Frogspawn Green Branching are branched and tipped by club-shaped, round structures that resemble the appearance of a cluster of frogÍs eggs and therefore it has the common name, Frogspawn Green Branching.
- The branches of Euphyllia divisa are not connected and if one branch is hurt or is dead, it will not affect the other branches.
- Growth enabling environment in your marine aquarium:
- Temperature of water: Seventy-eight to eighty-four degrees Fahrenheit.
- Specific gravity of water: 1.023 to 1.025.
- pH of water: 8.20 to 8.40.
- Water flow in the aquarium: Frogspawn Green Branching needs low to moderate water current in the marine aquarium hosting it.
- Frogspawn Green Branching requires moderate to high intensity lighting in the marine aquarium it inhabits.
- VHO, Actinic or Power Compact lighting are recommended for Euphyllia divisa.
- Habit & habitat:
- Keep Frogspawn Green Branching in an aquarium with a capacity of thirty gallons and above.
- Place Euphyllia divisa quite distant from the other corals as it may sting them if they touch it.
- Frogspawn Green Branching grows well and rapidly in a marine aquarium, if the coral gets an amenable environment therein.
- Feeding & Nutrition:
- Euphyllia divisa derives its nutrition chiefly through photosynthesis which is performed by zooxanthellae, a photosynthetic alga living symbiotically within it.
- Frogspawn Green Branching is Carnivorous in its feeding habit. It eats acellular marine invertebrates, frozen meaty bits of fish, raw shrimp, Silver Side, Mysis Shrimp and mollusk, fish feces, zooplankton and phytoplankton.
- Keep a good balance of Calcium in the marine aquarium water.
Frogspawn Green Branching requires moderate care. Caution:
- Frogspawn Green Branching may sting anything that comes in its contact. Therefore, keep the other corals at a safe distance from Frogspawn Green Branching.
- Frogspawn Green Branching may even sting you. Be very careful while handling the coral and donÍt forget to wear your plastic gloves.