Moonstone Coral - Green Favia Brain - Favia species - Brain Coral Closed Green Moonstone - Modern Coral - Moon Coral
Moonstone - Green Favia Brain - Favia species Moonstone - Green Favia Brain is very beautiful because of its unique shape and color. Its one of its type green color looks striking when placed in the middle of the aquarium. No doubt, the Moonstone - Green Favia Brain enhances the display value of the aquarium by many times. The article introduces you to the various angels of Moonstone - Green Favia Brain that may leverage its maintenance in your marine aquarium. Taxonomy:
Moonstone - Green Favia Brain belongs to the Kingdom Animalia, Phylum Cnidaria, Family Faviidae and Genus Favia. Scientific names:
The scientific name of Moonstone - Green Favia Brain is Favia species. Other common names:
The other common names of Moonstone - Green Favia Brain are Moon Coral, Pineapple Coral, Brain Coral, Closed Brain Coral, Star Coral, Worm Coral, Brain Coral Closed Green Moonstone, Moonstone Coral, Modern Coral and Honeycomb Coral. Coral Type:
The Favia species is Large Polyp Stony (LPS) Coral. Origin or natural range:
Moonstone - Green Favia Brain originates from the Indo-Pacific region. Color:
The Favia species occurs in brown, tan, green and cream colors. Compatibility:
Moonstone - Green Favia Brain is very aggressive towards the other marine aquarium invertebrates. Habit & Habitat:
The Favia species is nocturnal in habit and therefore, spreads its tentacles at night. Morphology:
- Moonstone - Green Favia Brain has numerous rounded polyps that resemble the shape of caters.
- The Favia species has long sweeper tentacles.
- The appearance of Moonstone - Green Favia Brain varies with the water level depth of its existence, the strength of the water current and the surroundings of the Favia species.
- Growth enabling environment in your marine aquarium:
- Temperature of water: Seventy-five to seventy-nine degrees Fahrenheit.
- Specific gravity of water: 1.023 to 1.025.
- pH of water: 8.10 to 8.30.
- Water flow in the aquarium: Moonstone - Green Favia Brain requires moderate to strong water current in the marine aquarium it inhabits.
- Illumination: The Favia species requires high intensity lighting.
- Habit & habitat:
- The capacity of marine aquarium hosting Moonstone - Green Favia Brain should be over fifty gallons.
- Place the Favia species anywhere between the middle and the top of the aquarium.
- Leave ample vacant space around Moonstone - Green Favia Brain so that it can stretch itself fully.
- Change the water in your marine aquarium regularly, every week.
- Feeding & Nutrition:
- Moonstone - Green Favia Brain derives its nutrition chiefly through photosynthesis which is being performed by zooxanthellae, a photosynthetic alga living symbiotically within the coral.
- The Favia species is Carnivorous in its feeding habit and filter feeds at least twice per week, when open.
- Moonstone - Green Favia Brain feeds upon acellular marine invertebrates, brine shrimp, Mysis Shrimp, meaty bits, zooplankton and phytoplankton.
- Add Calcium, Strontium and the other trace elements to the water as dietary supplements for the Favia species.
- Breeding: Moonstone - Green Favia Brain breeds easily and rapidly in a marine aquarium if it gets ample nutrition and is placed rightly.
Moonstone - Green Favia Brain requires moderate care. Caution:
Keep the Favia species at a safe distance from the other corals in your marine aquarium as Moonstone - Green Favia Brain may sting them.